I have just realized it is the same diameter as inokim ox, so all of you crazy heads with upgraded mantis10’s, get yours now!
Are you going nuts with your tiny 10′ motor? Is it burning hot? Are you concerned?
So let’s help our little round friend with at least something like Aluminum heatsinks, that will absorb the heat out of the motor shell and transfer it to the fins that are much easier to cool.
- less risk to burn the motor
- longer magnet life ( as it cools faster )
- badass look
Notes & Warnings:
- You will be achieving amazing results if used with Ferro-fluid in the motor + a thin layer of thermal paste between the motor and heatsinks. It will transfer heat as is, but why not go all the way?
- Pay a little more attention to riding in tight spaces or going down curbs at an angle. they can withstand some beating but why ruin the beauty?
- On MANTIS10 NOTE that the heatsink is pretty close to the rear addon fender arms. if it will make some annoying noise you might want to get rid of the extra fender for the hotter days and put it back in autumn.
- Put your valve in the wider space between the fins and the bolt hole ( you will notice the difference on one of them ) so it will be easier to reach it for inflating. Yes, it is a bit more annoying to do but I’d rather spend another 15 seconds to inflate my tire than burnt motor at some point.
- Rounded side of the fins facing THE TIRE! made to not damage it if you have low tire pressure or going hard on leaning. You might notice fins marks on the tire, don’t worry, it just cleans the dust, nothing more.
- Leave a 2-4mm gap between the tire and the fins to let the tire wiggle sideways a little.
- DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN the bolts. you will see “leg” deformation to some degree once tightened, but don’t push it as it might break eventually. Pay attention to 1st few rides.
- This product does not GUARANTEE to maintain your motor status, BUT it works ( heatsinks are not my invention, we have heatsinks on basically anything that produces heat ).
- To this day I haven’t been reported about a single motor that has been burnt or lost power with heatsinks on and I know a lot of crazy riders :).